Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Sue Scheff: Free Speech doesn't condone defamation and slander

It seems the more vocal you become, the more you are attacked.I know that is true in my case, but it won’t stop me from working towards change in the Internet World where people think Free Speech has no limits.

I am a firm believer in Freedom of Speech - I fought and won two jury trials in regards to this very subject. Now I will continue to make positive changes within the Cyberspace community.
More and more attorneys are becoming familiar with the laws and the laws that need to catch up with the change. More and more lawyers are offering to take these cases on contingency - which is a great change.

I recently meet with a Senator and Congresswoman I feel confident (as they do) that there will be a lot more media attention, legal action and more positive movement in this arena to protect people from becoming caught in the net.

As a victim of Internet Defamation as well as a focus of some people’s obsession, it is all giving me the strength, power and resources to combat people who want to continue their campaign to ruin myself and others, through new legal resources that have opened up with the vast media attention.

Are you being harmed on the Internet by malicious attackers?

Sue Scheff Podcasts on Internet Defamation